Tuesday, June 10, 2014

UNITED STATES - AF-GHANISTAN 2014 - Bay Area International Ministry: I am getting the goosebumps...

Castro Valley, California
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
.
I am getting the goosebumps...
"I am getting the goosebumps when you guys talk to me about God. I never felt that when I have talked to other Christians," said a woman of another faith from Afghanistan who Jonas and I spoke with at the fishing supply store yesterday. One of the highest compliments I think a Christ-follower can receive. We were getting our fishing licenses and she had asked why we were overseas as we only had Micronesian driver's licenses. She thought maybe we were in the military. Our response was, "We are missionaries, but not ones that are trying to spread a religion; rather we are missionaries who simply love God and love people." We then were able to share with her about our work among the poor, broken and hurting worldwide. I am so grateful for the massive international community here in the U.S. that we have the opportunity to share our faith with. Sometimes fulfilling the great commission means traveling thousands of miles and crossing numerous borders, while other times it means simply driving down the street. Gotta love how small the world is getting these days!
.
Christian Young

No comments:

Post a Comment